Current Job Openings
Train on First and Move to 2nd
Job Classification: Hourly, Full-Time
Supervisor: Production Supervisor, Plant Manager
Job Responsibility Summary: Assist in the proper slitting of various gauge's, widths and types of steel for our customers while maintaining the gauge and width control needed to ensure our customers have defect free material slit to their exact specifications. Help set up the slitter effectively and efficiently while keeping the safety of yourself and fellow employees a priority.
- Must have experience in understanding steel defects and how to defect while machine is running.
- Must have experience with heavy machinery.
- Must have general computer knowledge.
- Must pay great attention to detail.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and know decimal to inch conversion.
- Must have general mathematical skills.
- Must have the ability to work well with others with good communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in the general types of steel at various strengths that we process.
- Must have basic safety knowledge to work in a highly safe manner.
Job Duties Include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that coils are slit, banded, and packaged to customer specifications.
- Perform proper housekeeping in work area.
- Reviewing work orders to verify correct information, correct material, and correct instructions to customer specifications.
- Monitor material for any defects while running.
- Operating equipment and understanding machine functions.
- Unload slitter and tie up scrap as well as emptying scrap winder if needed.
- Any other assignments given by shift foreman.
Safety Supplies Required/Provided/Entering & Parking/Dress Code/Additional Information/etc.:
Steel toed boots required, all other PPE will be provided.
Parking in on site
Jeans, no shorts, long sleeves required. Nothing offensive or revealing.
Drug Screen Required. Must be clean.
Covid test required. Note from doctor indicating negative.
No criminal background check required.
Recent Physical required